Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Classes


New Year, New Courses
One of my students said his motto is ABC “Always be changing” and I believe that is appropriate for online courses. As I start three new courses I see the changes I have made.

In the undergrad course I am adding video. It will not be required, and is already on the web. In fact, most of the videos have a text equivalent, which is excellent in case students have hearing problems. I also go over the statistics for each of the quizzes I give and remove or revise questions that are not appropriate.

In the graduate courses I must update all the course links. Links do “rot” and are no longer accessible. I’m trying something new this term. Instead of putting my picture I am adding a graphic. I have decided NOT to talk about my family but concentrate on my professional life. Since I am a “woman of a certain age” I do not want to be stereotyped by the students. I am interested to see if it makes a difference. I am active in all my online classes and I hope that not “seeing” me will not make a difference, or make a positive one.

It is always a challenge to start a new class and to meet new students. I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment